Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Lesson Learned


About a year ago I was sitting in church and glanced down at my hands and stopped a moment to admire my engagement and wedding rings. The fact that I had them cleaned the day before at the jeweler's, combined with the church lights made it especially sparkly! Suddenly though, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. A tiny side diamond was missing! I quickly looked at my other rings and found that on my right hand I was missing a little sapphire. I was so disappointed and upset. Apparently the stones had become loose and then after the cleaning at some point the stones had fallen out. Both were replaced, but not without some waiting and funds.

I have learned my lesson: get the jeweler to examine those rings periodically to check for loose stones. I went last week and had mine looked at and sure enough there was a little diamond starting to get loose in my wedding band. I left it and now its as good as new- much simpler than getting the stone replaced.

So let this be a lesson to you as well- get your bling a check up...it only takes a few minutes, but it's worth it!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh goodness - I would be so upset to find one stone missing!! I'm getting mine cleaned soon, and I'm going to have them check!!