Monday, February 8, 2010

Meatless Mondays

Lately we have started a trend of eating meatless meals on Mondays. It has been good to try some fun new recipes, not to mention the fact that its easy on the budget. Last Monday, I made these Super Bean Burritos and they were just that- SUPER!


They tasted great and we loved having them on hand in the freezer for easy to pack lunches and quick meals. We thought they were so good in fact, that I made a HUGE batch last night using brown rice and a bunch of pinto beans that I soaked and cooked this weekend. Our freezer is now stocked with 3 of these bags full of individually wrapped burritos.


Tonight I made Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche from BakingBites.com. It was delicious...very quick, easy and tasty! I certainly recommend it. If you are looking for a quick meal idea than this a keeper. It took about 35 minutes and it's a great base recipe that could easily be altered to accommodate whatever "fillings" you have on hand.


Ronnie declared that it was most definitely a "make again" meal.


Have any other meatless meal ideas for me to try?

4 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

When we lived in SC I got us into a weekly meatless meal routine... something I need to do again. Hmmm, I wonder if I could get my little guys to eat the super bean burritos.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, I love the ruffled pie plate!!! Where did you get that?

Also, I was so impressed and inspired by the big bag of burritos! They are huge like the ones in San Diego that were as big as our arms!

Amanda said...

Do you think D would go for meatless Mondays? I almost got away with it today--HUGE massive salads with feta, chopped eggs, edamames, broccoli, red peppers etc . . . but we had a little bit of stromboli left over with pepperonies in it . . .

Meatless Mondays sounds so catchy . . .

Jo-Jo said...

So is it Tenderloin Tuesday tonight? Or how about Wednesday Wings? Now if you can be even more meatless try recipes without eggs or cheese or milk - gets tricky! I should know! :( Love the recipes - great photos!