Monday, May 23, 2011

Garage Sale Finds

On Friday I promised to share my weekend garage sale finds if there were any and I am happy to report what I found! Whitney and I set out to see what treasures might await us, but weren't really looking for anything specific. A lot of the fun is the perusing, but the fun was sweetened by the fact that we did land some deals.

Aaron had told me to be on the lookout for a stool for his classroom and I was happy to find this sturdy one for $5:


Remember one of my last garage sale buys, the wonderful tole chandelier? Well, I couldn't resist this similarly styled lamp for $4:

I think it will look just lovely once it is spruced up a bit! Perhaps I will paint the lamp and chandelier to be matching or maybe I will split them up and spread the vintage blossoms around our humble abode :)

4 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Score! What a fun lamp. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Jo-Jo said...

The lamp matches so perfectly with the chandelier! Great job, Susie!

Amanda said...

I just LOVE the lamp! They have some really unique stuff at garage sales. . . its way more fun than shopping for new things. So much character. Have you decided what color you are painting the chand?

Susie said...

@Amanda: I still haven't made up my mind on a color scheme...so many possibilities. I really need to decide for sure where I want to put it.