Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lately...

Sorry no pictures, just one of those quick we are still here and what we have been up to posts:

1. After a rather draining last week, we picked up our car from the shop on Friday and headed out to MS to see Aaron's family. We hadn't been in months so we were ready to go!

2. In MS, we enjoyed being with family, we antiqued and shopped (the girls that is), mountain biked (the boys), ate good food, played with Oliver (the foster baby that that they have had for about 10 months- crazy. He is a cutie!), went to church and heard Aaron's grandfather teach Sunday school (he is as sharp as ever), and hung out with college friends. It was a fun and full weekend!

3. On Monday we headed back and drove through about 4 hours of monsoon rain, the result of hurricane Lee. UGH...driving in rain is the worst, but Aaron is a champ for doing it.

4. We got home in time to unpack, lesson plan, and then promptly lose power (along with most all of B'ham). It is back on now!

5. Aaron jumped right back into teaching 3rd grade and the rest of my dance classes started up. Have I mentioned that I love my job? This year I get to teach lots of little ones, elementary and high school dancers, as well as teaching several special needs classes. These are so rewarding and I am looking forward to a good year.

6. The sudden change in schedule has me scrambling to get lessons planned, groceries shopped for, coupons clipped, and the blog updated. I shall try to return to my regular scheduled programming soon :)

Hope you are having a great week!!

No comments: