Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Freezer Cooking: Part 1

Day 1 of stocking the freezer for May began tonight with a trip to my favorite store- Kroger! I have been planning ahead for this for most of April so I have been buying stuff I will use to cook all along, but tonight I had to pick up a decent amount of produce, meat, as well as some "deals."

Some highlights:
3 bags Mahatma rice- FREE
4 boxes Wheaties Fuel Cereal- FREE
2 packets McCormick's Grill Mates Marinades- FREE
2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef- 2.50 each (manager's special and coupons!)
1 lb strawberries- 1.50 with Driscoll's coupon
hotdogs- .99
1 Scrubbing Bubbles Power Sprayer (Extend-A-Clean)- $1 regularly $8.99- i am fascinated by this battery operated bathroom spray cleaner, I'll let you know how it works!

overall we saved 46%

BUT the best part was this...


$7 worth of Catalina's to use on my next shopping trip!

When we got home I got busy with the meat. I browned 1 lb. of the beef to be used tomorrow in a dish. Then I put together 5 meal bags. These included 2 chicken fajita meals, 3 baja citrus marinated chicken breast meals (to be grilled), and 1 meal's worth of greek chicken kabobs. It will be nice to thaw these bags and then grill or cook as needed.


Now for some sleep! Tomorrow holds some casseroles to be put together, among other things AND it is my last day of school...whoop whoop!!

4 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Ummm, come to my house... PLEASE! I can't wait to hear more about your freezer cooking adventures.

E said...

That is awesome!!! I'm very jealous :) I am definitely going to try to start freezer cooking... better late than never I guess!

Amanda said...

I am most impressed by your strawberry and meat coupons . . . crazy that you can find these!

You're going to look forward to these meals, just don't forget to thaw them!

You are so impressive!

Amanda said...

I am so sorry you didn't end up liking the cereal, I feel responsible!