Monday, April 12, 2010

Taco Salad Bowls

Recently when I saw this post on My Kitchen Cafe for homemade tortilla bowls I bookmarked it and added it to my dinner ideas list. I made them tonight and we both LOVED them! We filled ours with lettuce, taco meat, black beans and corn, tomatoes, avocado slices, cheese, salsa, and sour cream.


The bowls were so easy to make too! Simply rub a small amount of olive oil on both sides of a large tortilla. Drape it over an oven safe bowl on a cookie sheet. Then just crisp it in the oven at 400 for about 8-10 minutes. When its nice and crispy fill it to your hearts content and enjoy!

Ronnie shows off his culinary creation before we eat on our patio. Sprucing up our patio was our our weekend project. Stay tuned for more to come on that later!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh they are beautiful! So fun! I have looked for the bowls at Fresh and Easy, but have resorted to plain ole tacos when I couldn't find them. I did't think you could MAKE them.

Can't wait to see the patio!!!

Jo-Jo said...

I saw these as well and wanted to remember to make them but totally forgot about them! Thanks for reminding me. The patio is precious! And . . . complete with a little frog that chats with Ronnie!

Amanda said...

Ronnie chats with frogs? Is this a garden demon frog or a real one? It's kinda like when I used to talk to my fake duck in the kitchen . . . right?

Jo-Jo said...

No - it's a real one that lives under the steps. When Ronnie croaks the frog croaks back! And they go back and forth for hours! Laugh!

Amanda said...

I made these last night! They were scrumptious!