Sunday, August 29, 2010

Nesting in Our New Home



Forgive my blogging silence this past week...we have been nesting in our new home!

We have been here a week and things are coming together. Last week I jumped right into training for my new job so some of the unpacking has been slower than I might like, but overall we have gotten a lot done and only a handful of boxes remain in our second bedroom. I am looking forward to a little more down time this week and knocking out the last bit!


We are really enjoying our apartment. It is quiet, so convenient to lots of great places (we walked to breakfast and shopping on Saturday for a morning date!), and has a great balcony that constantly has hummingbirds whizzing by (our neighbor below has a beautiful garden and humming bird feeders).


Much of this past week was spent doing paperwork and address changes that must be done with a move, we celebrated my mom's birthday, hung out with friends, and even took a day trip today to see my niece get baptized!

Tomorrow I am looking forward to meeting some of my little kindergarten ballerinas and teaching my first class at the studio where I danced from age 4 to 18!

I will try to post more this week as we continue to get settled!

5 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Awww - little birdie theme - everything looks so clean and neat and homey! So glad we got to be part of it all - but we MISS you all here in this big city!

Amanda said...

I am absolutely drooling over your new apartment -- and the darling darling birdies. I love love love them. Your tastes are just impeccable. Your living room looks so inviting. Such a great blog post--can't wait to see more!

Jo-Jo said...

Love seeing the new pillows and curtains through the looking glass!

E said...

How cute!! You have such great taste :) The Nester would be very proud of you & all your little birds!!
I love that couch/chair with the red stripes... and that green pillow!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I love your feathered friends. Give us a grand tour of your new place.

I hope you had fun meeting your ballerinas today.