Monday, January 10, 2011

Ice, Ice Baby!

This morning we woke up to this:

A nice thick layer of ice coating everything

Making the roads look like this:

It meant a snow day at home for us!

We bundled up and explored a little, and then holed up inside our warm apartment to model...

and craft!

The inspiration for the little birdies came from here. The pattern isn't available free online anymore, she is charging for it on etsy so I made my own pattern. I didn't have the wire to add the legs on yet.

The pattern for this fellow is here and there are great step by step pictures here.

I have a few ideas for these little fellas. More to come later!

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Snow days are always fun. I like your feathered friends! Very cute.

Amanda said...

Those turned out so cute -- I love the fabric you used for them, and they'll be so versatile in your decorating.