Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Really Good Recipe...

So I never posted my meal plan on Monday, but I did make one!

Monday: homemade version of Chili's quesadilla explosion salad
Tuesday: Garlic Chicken and Spinach Orzo
Wednesday: pizza
Thursday: Tuna Cornbread Cakes
Friday: Date Night!

Recently during our snow days, I organized our pantry. In doing so, I refreshed my memory of what I have stockpiled and resolved to choose recipes that use things that I have. I had lots of tuna and also cornbread mix, so when I stumbled upon the Southern Living recipe for Tuna Cornbread Cakes I know I wanted to give it a try. We had them tonight with spinach and lemon aioli and both LOVED it!

These were pretty quick and easy to mix up. I just used regular canned tuna (not herb and garlic flavored). I also didn't have Old Bay Seasoning, but just seasoned them myself. If you like crab cakes, you should give these a try for a new twist!

2 comments:

E said...

Ooh... the homemade version of the Chili's salad sounds GREAT!!!

Jo-Jo said...

Your tuna cornbread cakes look just like the ones on myrecipes.com. Amazing and I am going to try them tonight on a bed of spinach. I wonder if the lemon ailoi is a must have?