Friday, February 4, 2011

Back by popular demand....

It's been a while since I posted a grocery shopping photo or reported on couponing. I am still keeping it up, just not the documenting part of it very well. This afternoon I have been scuttling about in the cold rain to knock out the grocery shopping. I hit up Aldi and Publix in a crazy burst of inspiration (I don't usually go to 2 grocery stores in one day...one is exhausting enough :).

Do you have an Aldi nearby? If so, I STRONGLY encourage you to check it out! They have great prices on dairy and produce...things that I find it hard to get deals on at Publix and what I was primarily looking for today. Aaron is trying to eat less carbs and I wanted to stock up on eggs and veggies.

I was pleased to spend $26.26 on 2 dozen eggs, a gallon of milk, lots of produce, peanuts, string cheese, 300 sandwich bags for lunches and 5 cans black beans.

It was a good week at Publix for stocking up on rotel, salsa, sour cream. There was also free deodorant, cheap hummus, and a good price on ground turkey.

I was happy to spend $17.96 and save $43.62!

All said and done I spent $44.22 and was able to stock up on a lot. That puts us $10 over budget for the week on groceries but I think we will be able to shave that off in coming weeks. Who said you can't eat healthy and coupon?!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Susie, I need you to post a cuponing 101. Im doing good if I spend double your grocery budget. :)Good job!
Liz

E said...

So glad you're back :) I love seeing your couponing trips! I need all the encouragement & pictures I can get!!

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, I love that you're eating healthy. Thanks for inspiring me -- I need to start thinking along those lines. I wish we had an Aldi . . .they had the BEST off brand Twizzlers there.

Oh gosh -- and I just wrote about eating healthy.