Monday, January 3, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again...

Cheesy title...the song popped into my head when as I was thinking about getting back into a normal routine. The tree is down, the decorations are packed away, the house is cleaned and we both started back work today. I am not so sad to get back into a schedule. I love a good structure to the day and I love my dance classes. However, I also loved every bit of the break! Ronnie and I made two lists during the holidays. One was a list of things we needed to get done like getting an AL tag, having a budget meeting, getting vision checked, going to the washing machine repair store and then making a service call (sigh, still not fixed...come on dude call us back!).

Ronnie on Christmas morning surrounded by his loot :)

The other list was things we wanted to do together for fun like going to the dollar theater (we saw Secretariat and loved it!), treasure hunting at the thrift store, checking out our new library (it is wonderful!) , catching up on some reading, hiking, having friends over to eat, and tagging along on the Great Birmingham Hot Dog Tour with my dad. We had lots of fun and also were able to get some stuff done!

Showing off my new slippers and jammies- I wore these a lot during the break

Something that I really enjoyed over the break was cooking. I tried some new recipes and enjoyed being in the kitchen. I was struggling with menu planning and cooking before the break...so much going on and not much organization or motivation. It really is so helpful to have a meal plan. So without further ado, my meal plan for the week:


Monday: Homemade Mac and Cheese with Ham and Peas
Tuesday: Homemade Pizza
Wednesday: Something involving chicken, feta and phyllo dough (i will let you know if it turns out good, I am not planning to grocery shop til Thursday so I am getting creative with what I have.)
Thursday: Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice
Friday: Taco Salad Bowls

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yaaay, back to blogations! Your jammie pants and slippers are my favorite -- did Ronnie pick them out??? Your meals look yummy. We're going to try a few new ones this week too . . .

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

We loved our short visit with you both... wish it could've lasted longer. I think it's good to make a fun list -- when life is all about fresh resolve it's good to have some fun things to anticipate.

Cute, cuter jammies.