Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Good Reads

I wanted to share with you some good reads in bloggyland that I have been enjoying lately and recommend checking out.

1. This High Calling


This is a family that I know who is answering God's call to care for the fatherless and motherless. They are currently foster parents to several children in addition to parenting their own 3 boys. Catie is an excellent writer and I am always so encouraged, convicted and moved by her posts.

2. Better After


I have loved looking at Before and After pictures on this blog. It is inspiring to see how people can transform a piece of furniture. I don't always love the styles or colors that people choose, but it is fun to see how they bring new life to old and sometimes really ugly pieces. There are some on there that I absolutely love. So inspiring! Gives me new vision as I peruse the thrift store. (Oh, and I have discovered another great thrift store about a half a mile down the road from the one I currently frequent AND I just heard today that there is a furniture store on that same road that is closing up and ANOTHER thrift store is moving in. Wow, I will be able to hit up three in a row! Let me know if you want to join in the fun. I am always up for company!)

3. Content to Rent

Image of the Nester's great decorating in rentals

The Nester has started several new sites and this one in particular caught my attention. Am I necessarily content to rent? No, not exactly. Her's is a message that is great to hear, "Love where you are!" Her other motto is "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful," another great reminder. She offers some practical tips on making a rental a lovely place to live. I am so looking forward to more posts on this site.

No comments: