Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Food

Lest you should wonder, I promise that I don't intend for this to become a food blog exclusively. I know you have been waiting on pins and needles for me to post my menu plan for the week.


Although a bit delayed here it is:

Monday: chicken and black bean enchiladas from freezer with Spanish rice and steamed veggies
Tuesday: butternut squash soup and focaccia bread
Wednesday: Turkey paninis on focaccia
Thursday: turkey kielbasa penne
Friday: BBQ sandwiches and oven baked sweet potato fries


We are enjoying some cooler fall weather this week and the soup was delicious tonight. I just love a good bowl of soup!

A few observations:
-lately when I cook I seem to be making bigger messes than ever (I am attributing this to the fact that I only have about a foot of counter space and no dishwasher :)
-I have never spilled so many things in one night as I did tonight (I am adding one of those wand blenders to my Christmas list...no more pouring soup into a blender)
-butternut squashes are next to impossible to cut up...I recommend implementing a husband and a very sharp knife

I will try to post about something other than food this week :)

3 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Oh my goodness, I am so hungry looking at your dinner! So fun to actually start to enjoy cooking again -cooler weather makes it enjoyable to be creative in the kitchen. I am going to have to make the focaccia bread - yum.

Amanda said...

Haha, I totally feel the same way about butternut squashes and wand blenders! I usually put the butternut in the microwave to soften it! The wands are amazing -- I use mine often (plus the food processor that goes with it.)

The dinner looks amazing -- esp the foccacia!

Oh, and pregnancy brings out MAJOR clumsiness for some reason -- something to look forward to someday. . . :)

Anna Beall said...

I like your menu posts- they're inspiring, especially since Jeffrey wants me to find some new recipes. I did try the lemon orzo recipe you had last week- it was good. I had the same thought as Amanda- pregnancy definitely does make you more clumsy...anything you need to tell us? Just kidding:)