Monday, September 13, 2010

Unexpected Bounty and a Meal Plan

A few days ago we unexpectedly and happily came into the possession of a rather large quantity of cooked chicken strips, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cheese!! What a pleasant surprise! This morning I knew I needed to get to work on the chicken and use it in some dishes, so I had a mini freezer cooking morning.

The results:
Black bean and Chicken Enchiladas- a variation of this
Chicken Tetrazinni with Mushrooms
Diced Chicken and Sliced Mushrooms frozen for future projects
Pizza Crusts (1 consumed tonight, and one in the freezer for another time)
3 bags of Mojito Lime marinated raw chicken (love to thaw, cook and then use on top of salads or for tacos)




Now for our weeknight meal plan:
Monday: Pizza with mushrooms, chicken, and sun dried tomatoes
Tuesday: Mac and Jack (I book marked this recipe a long time ago and have been meaning to try it)
Wednesday: Salad with mojito lime chicken on top
Thursday: Leftovers

Today I am thankful for the bounty of the Lord!

Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

He always provides bountifully!

Care to post your Mojito Lime marinade recipe?

Amanda said...

Hahah, I am laughing at how you "happened upon" the food . . . I'm very curious.

I'm gonna go look up the mac and jack!