Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe Entry: Easy Fried Rice (or Lo Mein)

Hope that everyone had a great weekend! It rained a lot here but it was a good weekend none the less. My sister Christian and her family were in town for the weekend so it was fun to see them. Christian and I did a little shopping and she landed the clothing deal of the year...I found her a pair of jeans at Old Navy for $.97! They are cute skinny jeans too. I love a good deal!!

Now for some cooking inspiration to start your week:


Christian shared this recipe for the giveaway:

Easy Fried Rice (or Lo Mein)
Source: very loosely based on a Rachel Ray 30 minute meal recipe

2 eggs
3 T oil
2 chopped garlic cloves or 1 tsp minced garlic
1 package frozen Asian stir fry vegetables and any fresh veggies you have on hand
2 cups cooked rice
1-2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1/4 to 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce

Beat 2 eggs and scramble in a large skillet or wok using 1 T of oil. Push cooked eggs to the side of the pan. Add 2 T more of oil to the pan. Stir fry two chopped garlic cloves or 1 tsp. of minced garlic and one package of frozen Asian stir fry vegetables. (I usually toss add any fresh vegetable that I have on hand as well... broccoli, peppers, carrots, celery, onions, etc.) When vegetables are tender add 2 cups of cooked rice and 1-2 cups of chopped, cooked chicken. Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce. Cook and stir until heated through, incorporating scrambled eggs.

*For Lo Mein use cooked spaghetti noodles instead of rice. Omit eggs.

Thanks Christian!

3 comments:

joeyps84@gmail.com said...

Yummy :) Made this tonight!!! Thanks for sharing!

joeyps84@gmail.com said...

Oops, this is Elizabeth - didn't realize I was on Joey's account :)

Susie said...

I tried this tonight and thought I would leave my review as well. I used leftover rice and chicken from other meals this week and this came together super quickly, which I think is a huge plus. Tasted great!! Thanks again Christian!