Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Recipe Entry: Greek Pasta


Emily H. sent me this recipe and I am so excited about it! I can't wait to try it. I love Greek food and I love pasta so this is a win win for me.

Greek Pasta

6 ounces whole grain pasta, cooked
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 pint mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbs. olive oil (for drizzling over mushrooms and tomatoes)
3 Tbs. mayonnaise (I use the light kind made with olive oil)
2 heaping Tbs. Cavender's Greek Seasoning
3 Tbs. lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil (for dressing)
1 can sliced black olives, drained
1 small jar pimentos, drained
1 jar quartered artichoke heats, drained and rinsed
1 bag of frozen broccoli, steamed and drained
Feta Cheese

Place tomatos and mushrooms on cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. For the dressing, whisk together mayo, Cavender's, lemon juice, and olive oil. Combine with pasta the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, pimentos, artichoke hearts, and steamed broccoli. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese. May be served warm or cold.

Emily's Notes: I have made this using spaghetti, angel hair, bow tie, and vermicelli pasta. I think my favorites are the bow tie (for cold) and spaghetti (for warm). I also normally make more than 6 ounces of pasta and then just play with my dressing until I think I have enough to coat it well. I have substituted roasted red peppers for the pimentos and I thought it turned out well. I normally use a bag of the microwavable "Steamers" broccoli and it is super easy. I think this is a fun recipe that can be tweaked easily.

Thanks Emily!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

When we come to B'ham someday, I want to go to that Greek place y'all love. These recipes look so good, can't wait to get home and get back to cookin'.

Susie said...

We will totally take yall there someday...we will take any excuse to go there, it is so good!