Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy First Day of School

I just sent Ronnie off to his first day of 3rd grade. Ok, so not his first time time ever to 3rd grade, but his first day welcoming 22 into his classroom. (He looks a bit saintly with the halo around his head don't you think? I guess that is what putting up with so many 3rd graders earns you :)


We have been working hard to get his classroom looking great. Some awesome volunteers came on Saturday and fixed desks, wiped down surfaces, moved books and basically did whatever was asked. What a help! Aaron and I spent yesterday working on the door and bulletin boards getting it ready for back to school night (last night).


Come on it! The 3rd grade is on the move. You will notice above, Aaron insisted that his set of wheels be more impressive than his students :)


2 new items that Aaron is most excited about...a stool to sit on AND more impressively a Smart Board. He is so pumped about the Smart Board, and rightfully so. It is neat to see how God is providing for RA.


Want to know a little more about the teacher? Just take a look at the bulletin board behind his desk.


This isn't a great picture, but I had to show the airplanes that made it into the decor. He plans to add more later.


That's it friends, a room ready for learning, challenges and fun.


I'll leave you with one parting shot: Aaron asking, or begging for your prayers today (and the rest of the year really).


Have a great first day of school, Aaron! I love you.

6 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Love this post! And since I haven't seen his classroom it is especially fun and entertaining. It really makes me want to go back and redo third grade! The room looks so big and bright and cheery and welcoming!! I know you both worked hard! Plus he has an outlet for all the planes he has worked on....now if he can just keep the kids from taking anything with a long handle...well, you get the gruesome picture!! We always took a picture of the first day of school with all the new backpacks and new school clothes. We prayed this morning at breakfast! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the room looks great and the kids love it. Thanks to Susu, I'm really excited about the room and this year. It's my planning period and I'm pleased to say that the morning has gone really well. I like my students... so far. Hehehe

-Ronnie

Heather said...

Praying for the whole staff. . . . . and I'm so glad that he's excited about the Smart Board!! I'll tell Nathaniel - the installation of those was his Eagle Scout project, so it's great to see how God is using that!

And. . . we'd love for you and Aaron to come have dinner with us sometime, if we can EVER get our schedules to mesh :)

Nate Q. said...

Awww I love that kid! He's a great teacher. Hope it's a fun day... Malaika's first day of school is today too! Good luck. It's going to be a great year.

Caleb said...

Saweet smart board. Katie's wishing she had one now (e-beam is pretty crappy).

Amanda said...

I guess her school isn't as loaded, huh? :)