Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Break

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I am having a summer break of sorts. This week I haven't had the twins to keep, classes to teach or very many dance rehearsals and it feels like my summer break finally begun, never mind the fact that it will be over with soon. I have been reading lots, hanging out with friends, seeing The Help (it was great, you should go! Take some kleenex along), walking to the gym that is so close and cheap, and just enjoying some down time. Hopefully I will be back at it next week with some posts.

I will leave you with a great recipe though that I promise won't disappoint!


Ham and Cheese Sliders
source: slightly altered from The Girl Who Ate Everything

24 dinner rolls, or really any good bread
24 pieces ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
Mayo (the original recipe calls for lots of it, as well as Miracle Whip. I completely left them out and we didn't miss them)

Poppy seed sauce

1/2 T poppyseeds
1 T dijon mustard
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 T minced onion
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll (and mayo if desired). Close rolls and place them close together in a large baking dish or cookie sheet.

Whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Reminds me of tosta mista from Portugal...no poppy seeds, but plenty of butter!

Amanda said...

Ohhh tosta mistas. Drool. These look great, Sus. What kind of ham did you use? A big pig or sandwich ham? I have some black forest ham, but it's cut real thin. Do you think it'd work?

And I'm falling off my chair that Caleb's reading your blog. He really is a stay at home husbo this week!!!!!! LAUGH.